In this world, some people believe in God, while the others don’t. For those who believe in God, religion becomes an integral part in their life. There are several religions in this world, one of them is Catholic. In this article we will share the seven main Catholic values that you need to understand in order to fully embrace the Catholic religion as your belief.
You can read the explanation the seven main Catholic values on the following list below:
- Positivity in Life: it is claimed by Catholic Church that the life of human is sacred and human’s dignity is the basis of society’s moral vision.
- Common Good and Community: every person is a social creature and society plays a central role to uphold human’s dignity. Every people deserves to participate in the society, and it is named as ‘common good’.
- Freedom from any oppression: every person deserve to be free. However, once someone’s action violate morality and is considered harmful to society, then they shall be responsible for their action.
- Searching for Wisdom and Truth: every human being has a natural tendency to find the truth and search for knowledge, which will ultimately lead them closer to God. God is the source of every wisdom and truth, and humanity can only find genuine happiness in God.
- Sacramentality: Jesus Christ is the God’s full embodiment. He could be heard, touched, and seen, thus his existence connect human with God.
- Reconciliation: this value is very essential to every human being as it connects what is unhealed, fractured, and apart.
- Hope and Resurrection: every people need hope to help them overcome any obstacles they face in life and God provides the hope in every way possible.
Those are the seven main Catholic values you need to embrace to understand the religion better. To get further information, you may visit nearest Catholic Church and receive guidance from the priests.